How to apply
If your home university has an exchange agreement with the University of Kent (see Exchange partners) then please liaise directly with its study abroad office when you apply. We can only accept applications for our exchange programmes from students who have been formally nominated by their home university.
If your university does not currently have an agreement with Kent, we consider direct applications for short-term study. Please bear in mind it is your responsibility to liaise with your home institution about transferring credits for your study at Kent.
You can apply for the following short-term courses by clicking the links below. You will be taken to our online application form:
- Apply online for International / Semester Abroad (exchange programme)
- Apply online for International / Semester Abroad (non-exchange)
- Apply online for International JYA English PLUS (exchange programme)
- Apply online for International JYA English PLUS (non-exchange)
- Apply online for Erasmus Postgraduate short term studies
- Apply online for Erasmus Undergraduate Short term studies (non diploma)
- Apply online for Undergraduate short term studies (non-exchange European students)
During the online application process, you will need to upload the following documents:
- a copy of your passport;
- a provisional module registration form (not required for JYA English PLUS applicants), see advice on choosing modules;
- full certified transcripts of your academic achievements and results to date from your home institution;
- a report from a teacher who is familiar with your academic work at your present university or college;
- for non-native speakers, proof of English language at the required level as outlined on the relevant programme page
Visa and immigration
Please see our 'Student Immigration' website for information about the short-term study visa.
Tuition fees and deadlines
These fees are for the academic year 2018/19
|Programme||Tuition fee||Application deadline|
|International non-exchange||£15,200||30 Jun 2018|
|Fall Semester (three months)||£5,700||30 Jun 2018|
|Spring Semester (five months)||£9,500||30 Nov 2018|
|JYA English PLUS full year||£15,200|
|JYA English PLUS part year||£10,900|
Please see the Student Finance website for the most current fee information available.
Other living costs
Each individual student has different circumstances, so to help you estimate your living costs we provide an online calculator. Click here to use the calculator.