LW562 is normally a prerequisite but in special cases may be taken as a co-requisite
This module is only available for students on one of the Forensic Science programmes.
OverviewTopics may include;
This module appears in:
20 hours lectures; 10 hours seminars (approximately)
Method of assessment
80% written examination and 20% coursework of a multiple choice test.
R.J.C.Munday Evidence (6th ed Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011)
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
1. Identify sources relating to evidence, from a range of disciplines. They should be able to use these materials for research purposes
2. Utilise inferential logic and then apply analysis to factual situations
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of evidence
4. Demonstrate knowledge of implications for evidence, and procedure, in light of the European Convention on Human Rights
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between forensic science and the rules of evidence