EENG3180 (EL318) ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
EENG3190 (EL319) ENGINEERING ANALYSIS
OverviewThis module introduces basic concepts and techniques for describing and analysing continuous and discrete time signals and systems. It also introduces the fundamentals of feedback control systems, covering techniques for the analysis and design of such systems.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 45
Private study hours: 105
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
1. demonstrate the basic techniques used to describe continuous and discrete time signals and systems;
2. demonstrate familiarity with time and frequency domain representation and description of signals and systems;
3. demonstrate an understanding of basic transform techniques used to convert between time and frequency domain descriptions of signals and systems;
4. demonstrate the application of Fourier and Laplace Transform techniques for analysing the behaviour of signals and systems;
5. demonstrate an ability to use MATLAB as a tool for analysing the behaviour of continuous time signals and systems;
6. demonstrate an understanding of Control and Feedback;
7. demonstrate an understanding of Proportional, Integral and Differential (PID) controller architectures;
8. demonstrate an appreciation of the importance of Control in real-life and robotic applications.