EENG3180 (EL318) ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS
EENG3190 (EL319) ENGINEERING ANALYSIS
EENG3030 (EL303) ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS
OverviewThis module provides students with a general knowledge of the principles of microwave communication technologies and how signals are transmitted via transmission lines. The module builds on this knowledge by introducing you to some of the microwave circuits used in modern communication systems.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 41
Private study hours: 109
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
• Example class assignments, 4 at one hour each (10%)
• Workshops assignments, 5 at two hours each (30%)
• Exam 2 hours (60%)
1. demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of the structures that guide pulsed, RF and microwave signals.
2. demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of EM wave behaviour in free space and at dielectric boundaries.
3. demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of EM guiding structures, both metallic and dielectric.
4. demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of the basic design, matching and stability of RF amplifiers and of the circuits involved in the process of high frequency signal transmission.