OverviewThe module provides an introduction to the basic knowledge required to understand, design and write computer programs and the basic principles underlying the process of Software Engineering. No previous programming experience is assumed and the module proceeds via a sequence of lectures supported by simple exercises designed to give practical experience of the concepts introduced in the lectures.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 36
Private study hours: 114
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
• Four assignments, 4 hours per assignment (48%)
• Two Mini-projects, 20 hours workload weighted 26% each (52%)
1) Use a computer programming environment;
2) Design and implement in a procedural programming language a solution according to a program specification;
3) Understand the principles of the software engineering process.