This is the MEng project that accounts for half of the work of this year and is conducted on a group basis. It involves the application of technical skills and knowledge and requires group and project management skills.
Total contact hours: 50
Private study hours: 550
Total study hours: 600
Method of assessment
13.1 Main assessment methods
• Seminar contributions with visiting staff: 5% (made up of 80% group mark, 20% individual mark)
• Written proposal: 12.5% (group mark)
• Proposal presentation: 5% (made up of 50% group mark and 50% individual mark)
• Interim progress presentation for visiting staff: 5% (made up of 20% group mark and 80% individual mark)
• Final report: 35% (group mark*)
• Final presentation: 15% (made up of 50% group mark* and 50% individual mark)
• Final demonstration: 15% (made up of 50% group mark* and 50% individual mark)
• Final project poster: 5% (group mark*)
• Self-assessment and PDP: 2.5% (individual mark)
* The group mark for these assessments will be redistributed among group members according to supervisors' assessments and peer assessments of individual's contributions.
See the library reading list for this module (Canterbury)
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an ability to use and apply fundamental knowledge in new situations, generating innovative designs.
2. Demonstrate an ability to extract pertinent data and apply it to new problems.
3. Demonstrate an ability to apply engineering techniques with awareness of commercial, industrial and other factors/risks.
4. Demonstrate an ability to apply business, management and professional practice to their project work.
Back to top
Credit level 7. Undergraduate or postgraduate masters level module.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.