The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Senate Building Room Bookings
Bookings & Guidelines
Bookings and Guidelines on the use of the Senate Building
The Senate Building contains the following rooms for meetings:
- Senate Chamber: for meetings of up to 50 persons
- Senate Committee Room 1: for meetings of up to 22 persons
- Senate Committee Room 2: for meetings of up to 18 persons
- Rooms in the Senate Building may be booked for the following:
- Meetings of the Faculty Boards, the Senate, the Council and their standing and sub-committees.
- Meetings of Boards of Examiners.
- Interviews for staff.
- Meetings arranged by senior administrative staff to discuss official University business.
- Rooms in the Senate Building are not available for bookings by student clubs or societies. Conference bookings, bookings for musical activities arranged by the Director of Music or bookings by the Chaplains or the Safety Office, may be accepted subject to approval by the Head of the Central Secretariat.
- All bookings should be made at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting in question, except in exceptional circumstances.
- All bookings should be made with Heather Packham (extension: 3906) or in her absence, extension: 3903. Note: Bookings for Senate Committee Rooms 1 and 2 (and for the Registry Meeting Room) can also be made via Outlook.
- Bookings are made on the following basis:
- that the chairman (or equivalent) of the body for which the booking has been made accepts responsibility for the orderly conduct of the meeting.
- that, as appropriate, the meeting will comply with any relevant University requirements (such as the Fire Regulations and the Code of Practice on Freedom of Speech) and any additional requirements set by the Head of the Central Secretariat.
- that after a room booking the room is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- that, except for coffee/tea provided by Kent Hospitality, food or drink is not taken into the room(s) booked.
- that no invitation to attend a meeting is extended to the Press or other media without first obtaining the approval of the Head of the Central Secretariat.
- that for any bookings for a conference event or other activity not primarily connected with the University, a charge will be made, as determined by the Head of the Central Secretariat or Kent Hospitality, payable in advance.
- If the conditions set out in (iii) above are not complied with the Head of the Central Secretariat retains the right to cancel subsequent bookings made for the body concerned.
Enquiries about room bookings should be directed to the Central Secretariat on extension 3906 in the Registry. Queries which cannot be dealt with in this way should be made to Karen Goffin, Head of the Central Secretariat, Room 147, Registry, extension 3397.