Changes to the Campus Shuttle
9 January 2019
Having listened to your suggestions from the recent Campus Shuttle survey, which over 450 staff and students completed, there will be some exciting changes to the service from 14 January.
In response to your feedback:
- passengers can now board the Campus Shuttle at Liberty Quays for travel to Pembroke campus and the Dockyard (Western Avenue)
- to allow for passenger boarding time without losing the hourly service, the shuttle now only stops once on the Canterbury campus, at Keynes bus stop
- the service no longer stops at Darwin bus stop
- the on-the-hour timetable continues with some changes to peak travel times to improve reliability
- change of route: Keynes- Liberty Quays- Dockyard (Western Avenue)- Pembroke- Dockyard (Western Avenue)- Liberty Quays- Keynes
- a new booking system allows you to book a seat on the day
- we are introducing two new, larger Campus Shuttle vehicles (53 and 34 seaters).
Medway student feedback was clear in wanting the new service from Liberty Quays to the Pembroke campus and the Historic Dockyard. To ensure we can keep an hourly service, the decision had to be made to remove one of the stops at Canterbury. The majority of you in the survey said you'd prefer to keep the Keynes bus stop, or had no clear preference.
Features of the new vehicles include Wi-Fi, USB charging points, more comfortable seats, a toilet and fold out tables on the larger vehicle. Both of the vehicles will be wrapped in a University of Kent design.
The shuttle will start running Monday 14 January. We aim to have the new booking system available by Monday. The booking system is currently being tested. We will tweet from @CampusShuttle when booking becomes available.