See something? Say something. Do something! You can make a difference!
In September 2017, the University of Kent, in partnership with Kent Union launched the 'U.N.I (You and I) Protect' movement.
What is 'U.N.I (You and I) Protect'?
U.N.I (You and I) Protect:
- helps students to recognise and challenge any problematic and harmful behaviour such as sexual harassment or abuse;
- equips students with the skills to be 'active bystanders' so that they can intervene safely and with confidence;
- promotes a culture of dignity and respect across the University;
- ensures that students are aware of the help and support available, both from the University and from external organisations, should they (or someone they know) need it.
We can all take action to protect each other and the wider University community
How do I get involved?
- Check back here soon for information on how to sign up for 2019/20 workshops.
- The ExpectRespect@Kent e-learning module.
- The University's Student Charter sets out the mutual expectations between the University, its students and Kent Union.
- The University's Respect at Kent Policy covers in detail the right of every student registered at Kent to study in a safe and supportive environment.
- U.N.I (You and I) Protect is based on the Intervention Initiative developed by staff and students at the University of the West of England.