Martin Cook Scholarship for Humanities Students
£2,000 per annum for the duration of the recipient's studies, (normally 3 or 4 years) subject to satisfactory academic progress.
A generous donation has been received by the University of Kent in memory of Martin Cook. The purpose of the gift is to help support one full-time undergraduate student in the humanities. The selected scholar will receive £2,000 per annum for the duration of their studies, (normally 3 or 4 years) subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Open to all full-time applicants who are UK residents paying Home tuition fees.
- Applicants must have accepted a place on a humanities undergraduate course at the University of Kent starting in September 2017 by the UCAS deadline of 30 June 2017.
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of AAB from 3 A Levels or equivalent, and must fulfil the normal entry requirements for their course.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and satisfy a range of socio-economic criteria
Applicants must be willing to act as an 'ambassador' for the University, their subject and faculty and attend University events when requested, if not in conflict with either course attendance or classes being in session.
- Current students at the University of Kent are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
There is no application form to complete. Applicants will be chosen on the basis of
- Demonstration of financial hardship.
- A level results or equivalent.
- UCAS personal statement and reference.
The successful applicant will be informed in November 2017.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By 30 June 2017 applicants must have accepted a place on a humanities undergraduate course at the University of Kent starting in September 2017.