A selection of the latest media coverage for the University in the local, national and international press.
Colleagues who would like to learn more about the University in the news, or working proactively or reactively with the media, should contact the Press Office.
Recent selected coverage for 8-21 June 2022
- Canterbury Was Home to Some of Britain’s Earliest Humans, Researchers Say – Professor Matthew Skinner (School of Anthropology and Conservation), NewsWeek
- Kent Business School holds first free Business Soundbite event of 2022 at University of Kent campus in Canterbury on June 23 – Kent Business School, KentOnline
- Cutting works by Russian artists is ‘stupid’, says Pussy Riot member – Gulbenkian mentioned, Guardian. See our press release
- NEP could be “game-changer”, UK delegation in India says – Anthony Manning (Kent’s dean for global and lifelong learning), PIE News
- Ukraine war: five issues that could help kickstart peace talks as European leaders head to Kyiv – Professor Neophytos Loizides (School of Politics and International Relations), The Conversation
- Broadcast: Kent’s BioBlitz covered by BBC South East. See our press release
- Giant puppet ‘Little Amal’ to tour England for Refugee Week – Mention of Little Amal visiting Kent’s Canterbury campus, Evening Standard. See our press release
- Starving Monkeys Attack Children As Severe Drought Pits Man Against Animals – Dr Tatyana Humle (School of Anthropology and Conservation), NewsWeek
- How to juggle a full-time job and your side hustles without burning out – Professor George Saridakis (Kent Business School), Metro
- ‘Serious blow’ Macron’s grip on power ‘far from secure’ as crown ‘already slipping’ – Dr Charles Devellennes (School of Politics and International Relations), Daily Express. Also interviewed by Talk Radio.
- UK on verge of new Covid wave – and 2 new variants are to blame, experts warn – Professor Martin Michaelis (School of Biosciences), Daily Mirror
- Drug taking centres should be introduced as deaths reach record high says University of Kent Professor – Professor Alex Stevens (School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research), KentOnline
Recent selected coverage for 1-7 June 2022
- Census could ask ‘do you menstruate?’ instead of ‘are you female?’ to be inclusive of trans people – Professor Emily Grabham and Dr Flora Renz (Kent Law School), Telegraph
- Broadcast: Professor Matthew Goodwin (School of Politics and International Relations) joins Bloomberg to discuss Boris Johnson’s confidence vote in Parliament
- Monkeypox Q&A: what are the symptoms and treatment? Common monkeypox questions answered by health experts – Professor Martin Michaelis (School of Biosciences), National World
- Medical schools beyond the ‘elite’: shaking up and levelling up – Kent and Medway Medical School, Times Higher Education
- Broadcast: Simon Barnes (Funding and Partnership Development Manager of Research and Innovation Services Operations) talks to Heart FM about UK fuel shortages
- The science of conservation: preserving Tudor bricks from the Mary Rose – Dr Donna Arnold (Department of Chemistry and Forensic Science), The Past
- Why cloud security matters and why you can’t ignore it – Dr Jason R.C. Nurse (School of Computing and Institute of Cyber Security for Society), ZDNet