The University has launched a fundraising campaign to help support its contribution to the fight against COVID-19.
(The campaign aims to raise funds for the production of free-of-charge PPE for front-line staff, those students who may be experiencing financial hardship as a result of the pandemic, Kent research and the new Kent and Medway Medical School.
Kent has contributed to the fight against the pandemic in a number of ways. To date these include:
- research collaborations to develop COVID-19 therapies and a vaccine
- the design and production of face shields for staff in the NHS, hospice and charitable care organisations
- the provision of specialist molecular biology equipment to the NHS
- academics, postdoctoral researchers and PhD students volunteering to help perform testing at hospitals in the county
- students supporting the local agricultural economy through fruit-picking
To donate to this important campaign please go here.