The overall purpose of the EDI Network is to provide a channel of communication - to, from and between departments and the staff and student EDI teams; and to provide a forum for EDI Representatives to share information and consider good EDI practice and issues.
You can find a list of EDI Representatives via the 'Members' tab below.
2019/20 Meeting Dates
- Tuesday 19th May 2020 12:30-14:30
We will aim to finish each meeting 5 minutes early to allow staff time to get the hourly shuttle bus back to the Medway Campus.
Terms of Reference
- To share good EDI practice arising within Academic Schools and Professional Service departments and throughout the University.
- To help to inform and disseminate EDI policies and good practice initiatives within Academic Schools and Professional Service departments and throughout the University.
- To provide a forum for discussion and consultation on EDI matters of interest to the student and staff population.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to the following University committees/groups: Staff Policy Committee, Joint Staff Negotiating and Consultation Committee (JSNCC) and Student EDI Operations Group.
- L&OD Consultant (EDI) Claire Chapman: Co-Chair
- Student Equality Diversity and Inclusivity Officer (Becky Lamyman): Co-Chair
- EDI Representatives from Academic Schools and Professional Service Department
- Harassment Contacts
- Student Success (EDI) Project Officers
- Trade Union Representatives: UCU (x1); Unison (x1); GMB (x1); UNITE (x1)
- Kent Union Representatives: Faculty Representatives from Humanities (x1), Sciences (x1) and Social Sciences (x1); Sabbatical Officer for Education or Welfare (tbc); Post Graduate Representative (Taught); and Post Graduate Representative (Research). NB: Annual appointment to these roles takes effect in October.
- By invitation: other staff or students with specific expertise
- Total membership: circa 60.
Minutes & Handouts
Click on the dates below for notes, summary discussions and good practice examples
- May 2020
- March 2020
- Tuesday 29th October 2019
- Thursday 30 May 2019
- Thursday 28 March 2019
- Tuesday 30 October 2018
- Thursday 24th May 2018
- Wednesday 28 March 2018
- Tuesday 31 October 2017
- Tuesday 13 June 2017
- Wednesday 5 April 2017
- Tuesday 1 November 2016
- Friday 8 July 2016
- Wednesday 6 April 2016
- Wednesday 17 June 2015
- Wednesday 4 March 2015
- Wednesday 7 October 2014
- Wednesday 21 May 2014
- Wednesday 5 February 2014
- Wednesday 11 September 2013
- Wednesday 8 May 2013
- Tuesday 6 April 2010
- Wednesday 14 October 2009
- Wednesday 29 April 2009
EDI Network Good Practice
The EDI Network provides an essential forum for the sharing of good practice and to feed into the development of University policies.
Some examples of good practice demonstrated by various Schools and Departments initiated by their EDI Representative