- Explore your world
- Experience a new culture
- Gain a global perspective
- Make friends from around the world.
2019 | Key Information:
When is the deadline?
Deadline for applications is midnight on 24 March 2019.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 5th April 2019.
Any student registered for a full degree at the University of Kent may apply. Please note that incoming exchange and short-term students are not eligible.
Please note: You do not need to apply for a place at a summer school before submitting an application for funding.
However, if your application for funding is successful, you do need to have secured a place before receiving the funds. Please visit our 'Summer Schools Opportunities' page for details about how to apply for a particular programme.
The Fund Committee will review applications and make the award selections. The amount of the award will be final and may be all or part of the cost of taking part in the summer school. No additional payments will be made from the fund to cover overspends. The committee will judge applications against the following criteria:
- Applications must detail which summer school you wish to attend.
- Applications must demonstrate why you have chosen a particular programme, and how the funding award will benefit you both personally and academically.
- Priority will be given to those students who will not otherwise have the opportunity to study or work abroad as part of their Kent degree.
Awards will be allocated to the applicants who successfully demonstrate these criteria to the highest degree.
The committee reserve the right not to select a recipient if it is deemed that applications do not effectively meet the fund criteria.
Terms and Conditions
If your application is successful, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will only receive the award when your place on a summer school programme is confirmed. You must provide the Go Abroad team with evidence that you have secured a place at least two weeks prior to the start date.
- You must regularly attend each component of the summer school.
- You must supply the Go Abroad team with a Certificate of Completion from the Partner University no later than two weeks after the programme has finished.
- You must repay the award amount (pro-rata) if you withdraw from the programme before its completion.
- You must agree to write a report on the experience and to appear in publicity for the award.
The University reserves the right to:
- Amend the contract at any time and will advise awardees if this occurs, as and when required.
- Request that the student repays the award if there is substantial evidence to indicate that the terms and conditions have not been met, or if illegal activities have been discovered.
Things to consider
- In order to secure a place on a summer school you may be asked to provide payment at the point of application. Please bear this in mind when selecting a summer school.
- Fees vary between each individual summer school so please do your research.
- Each summer school may have its own early bird discount scheme or scholarship so it would be helpful to look this up as soon as possible.
Return to Summer School Opportunities at our Partner Institutions page.
For more information about summer opportunities abroad (including internships) please see our Careers Website.