The Pass List is a legal document that indicates the successful completion of a degree. Pass Lists are confidential and not published to students.
- Before preparing the Pass List, check that the student's name, qualification and thesis title are correct and consistent.
- Prepare the Pass List for signature using the Pass List template.
- Before sending the Pass List for signature, input the student’s final result on the 'Examinations' screen in Cressida. You can view the Manual on Postgraduate (Research) Progress Screens here.
- Check the candidate’s financial status on Cressida. A Pass List cannot be sent for approval if a debt with code '01' exists, as this indicates a tuition debt. Phone the Income Office directly for further clarification.
- Send the Pass List to the FSO together with copies of the Part A and Part B Examiners' Reports (or separate Examiners' Reports for MA/MSc/LLM and MPhil students). The original Examiners reports should also be included with the corrections/rrevisions approval form.
- Pass Lists are signed by the Dean of the Faculty (or his/her nominee) and the Dean of the Graduate School. The FSO will organise this and return the signed Pass List to you when they have been signed.
- The FSO will send a copy of the Pass List to the Congregations Office who will invite the student to the next award ceremony.
- On receipt of the signed Pass List, send the student a Congratulations letter.
- On receipt of the signed Pass List, verify the student’s final result on the 'Examinations' screen on Cressida. The final result can then be released by updating the 'P' (provisional) to 'C' (confirmed). For Research degrees, the result is AWARD if the student is successful.
- On the ‘General’ screen update the status from 'T' ('Thesis SUbmitted') to 'X' ('Record for Archiving') and enter the leaving date and reason. The leaving date should be the date the Pass List was signed by the Dean of the Graduate School and the leaving reason should be 01 'successful completion of course'.
- If the Examiners have made a recommendation that the student be awarded a different degree to the one for which they are currently registered, the POS should be changed on the 'Programme of Study' screen. Enter a permanent note on the 'Notes' screen to record the qualification that was awarded. The POS must be changed before the final result is input and verified on the 'Examinations' Screen.
- Archive the student’s file.