Students spend a year (minimum 9 months) working in an industrial or commercial setting, applying and enhancing the skills and techniques they have developed and studied in the earlier stages of their degree programme. The work they do is entirely under the direction of their industrial supervisor, but support is provided via a dedicated Placement Support Officer within the School. This support includes ensuring that the work they are being expected to do is such that they can meet the learning outcomes of the module.
Students will spend between 9-12 months working at the organisation hosting their placement.
Total Hours: 900 hours
Not available as an elective module
Method of assessment
• Portfolio – Pass/Fail
• Logbook – Pass/Fail
The University is committed to ensuring that core reading materials are in accessible electronic format in line with the Kent Inclusive Practices. The most up to date reading list for each module can be found on the university's reading list pages.
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
1. Gain knowledge and understanding of aspects of the core subject areas from the perspective of a commercial or industrial organisation.
2. Apply intellectual skills specified for the programme and developed during the earlier stages of the programme from the perspective of a commercial or industrial organisation.
3. Apply subject-specific skills specified for the programme and developed during the earlier stages of the programme from the perspective of a commercial or industrial organisation.
Back to top
Credit level 5. Intermediate level module usually taken in Stage 2 of an undergraduate degree.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.