EENG5660 (EL566) - MICROWAVE AND RF CIRCUITS
EENG5670 (EL567) - ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT DESIGN
OverviewThis module presents the main principles of modern communication systems and how these are applied in real communications systems. The module provides specialist knowledge of examples of current systems, including antennas and propagation, mobile and satellite communication systems. In addition, you gain an awareness of some of the available products, systems, technologies and techniques in the field of communication systems.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 36
Private study hours: 114
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
• Exam 2 hours (60%)
• Example class assignments 3 at one hour each (10% total)
• Simulation Workshops 5 at two hours each (30% total)
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how communications principles are applied in real systems.
2. Demonstrate an ability to analyse and preform top level design regarding antennas and radio propagation, satellite, mobile and fixed communication systems.
3. Demonstrate an appreciation of the special complexities of mobile links and satellite communications.
4. Demonstrate an awareness of the available products, systems, technologies and techniques in the field of communications systems.
5. Analyse and perform high level design of communication systems