Information for employers
Why recruit a student or graduate?
- They are intelligent and quick to learn.
- They are flexible and open-minded and able to take the initiative.
- They have good communication skills, both spoken and written.
- They have developed skills in analysis, logical thinking and the use of information through their degree studies.
University of Kent students have the opportunity to develop a wide range of experience and skills. Many of the degrees on offer include the opportunity to study a foreign language and to spend a year studying at a university in Europe as part of the course, and courses in computing skills are available to students in all subjects.
How will your company benefit?
- Students have a good range of technical and non-technical skills to offer employers
- Placements can strengthen links between business and academia and can lead to research collaboration
- Assessing performance and suitability over a long period prior to graduation is an effective way to recruit graduates
- Students can often bring “new blood” to an organisation, with new ideas/outlooks and ways of working
- Raising your company’s profile and reputation amongst the student population
- Existing employees can develop managerial skills and benefit from knowledge transfer
Contact us if you would like to discuss creating an opportunity for a Kent student.