The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
BSc (Hons) Wildlife Conservation
This 3 year programme emphasises the practical knowledge and field skills needed in modern conservation science.
A Unique Programme
WHY STUDY WITH US?
- Become a member of a school and institution of international reputation, committed to conservation worldwide with emphasis on informing conservation policy and practice
- Interact with staff members with wide range of specialist areas in the natural and/or social sciences thus enhancing your career prospects
- Experience a unique interdisciplinary approach to teaching and research yielding comprehensive insights into the natural sciences and the human dimensions of conservation
- Enhance you practical knowledge and field skills needed in modern conservation science through field trips and your own independent research project.
- Make the most of our research-led teaching and training in natural science aspects of conservation (including genetics, ecology, wildlife management and species reintroductions) together with training in the human dimensions of conservation (such as, environmental economics, international biodiversity regulation, the politics of climate change and work with rural communities).
- Enjoy our laboratory facilities equipped with microscopes, various measuring devices and biological specimens for use during laboratory demonstrations and student research projects and a Mac computer laboratory.
- Be part of a vibrant community of students and staff hosting seminars, field outings, debates etc. enriching your experience and transferrable skills