The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
10 Reasons to Choose Us:
1. Choice of programmes - we offer a wide range of undergraduate programmes, including three and four year single honours and joint honours degree programmes with law, economics, history, and at postgraduate level we offer 13 taught Masters degrees and supervision for full-time or part-time research degrees (MPhil and PhD) in all our areas of expertise.
2. Stimulating and flexible curriculum– our programmes are extremely flexible and offer an exceptionally broad module choice, reflecting the research interests of our staff, so you can tailor your degree to suit your interests.
3. Excellent international opportunities – the School of Politics and International Relations prides itself on its global outlook which is reflected in the wide range of our international partners and we are the only Politics School in the country with a campus in Brussels. We are one of the most internationalised Politics and International Relations departments in the country.
4. Research-strengths – In RAE 2008 the School did exceptionally well, with 75% of our work judged ‘internationally significant’, placing us in the top ranks of research departments in the country. We have a vibrant research culture, comprising of a visiting speaker programme, specialist research seminars and workshops, and hosting international conferences. Both staff and students contribute to the lively discussions.
6. Innovative teaching – our innovative teaching practices have received national recognition: we use a diverse range of teaching methods from large lectures to small group discussions, simulation exercises, and class debates, and make use of technology to foster an active learning environment.
7. We have a multicultural, cosmopolitan and active student body – offering an exceptionally enriching environment in which to study Politics and International Relations.
8. Employability – 93 per cent of our students graduating in 2008 had found employment or went onto further study within 6 months of leaving Kent. Our modules and programmes teach key skills and attributes to equip students with the tools they need to conduct research, solve problems, communicate effectively and transfer skills to the workplace.
9.A supportive and quality student experience - The University of Kent has been ranked 15th in the UK in the 2010 Times Higher Education UK Student Experience Survey, this reflects the quality of experience we aim to provide. We particularly pride ourselves with offering excellent pastoral care and listening to our students to ensure that the students are supported throughout their entire student experience.
10. Location – situated on an attractive, self-contained campus overlooking the city of Canterbury, with excellent transport links to London and mainland Europe