Centre for Child Protection's Free MOOC with Futurelearn
Watch the video
Learn child-centred communication strategies to encourage children to talk
The Centre for Child Protection is pleased to announce that this MOOC is is running again starting Monday 6 July 2020. Discover tools and techniques to engage effectively with vulnerable children and young people.
Communicating effectively with vulnerable children and young people is not always easy. Despite practitioners and carers knowing this is an important area of their work, research shows that practice is not always as effective as it could be.
This course will enable you to improve your communication skills through techniques which place the child at the heart of the interaction. You'll examine why a child may become vulnerable and reflect upon the barriers to communication. You'll also explore activities from pre-verbal to teenage stages which encourage children to share their feelings.
What topics will you cover?
- Reasons why a child or young person may become vulnerable
- Age-appropriate activities and techniques
- Innovative ways of facilitating communication
- Challenges and barriers to effective communication with vulnerable children and young people
- Levels of vulnerability experienced by a child or young person, including areas of safeguarding
- Select the image above to download the leaflet with more details
Book your place
Book your place now Starts Monday 6 July 2020
Contact us with any questions.