There is a wide range of expertise within SMSAS in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, and Economics. This gives us the capacity to address challenging business questions through cross-disciplinary work-groups.
Recent projects have included bespoke research for large multinational insurers in several areas.
- One recent project involved the analysis of global capital flow and wealth data. We identified potential markets and demand types for a variety of financial products and services.
- Another project involved validation of proprietary mortality models and a review of their design from the point of view of improving risk estimation.
We can prepare reports for clients detailing current thinking on specific topics or problems. These can be extended via research tailored to client requirements. A recent example focused upon illiquidity risk premium.
University support includes contractual arrangements such as non-disclosure agreements: Enterprise at Kent.
Our consultancy work interfaces with our research. It provides opportunities to deal with new challenges and real-world problems. It typically involves:
- Collaborating with industry partners in public research
- Researching and supporting innovation within organisations
- Exploring funding options such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Academics usually pursue assignments that overlap with their research interests and/or offer potential for training PhD students.
High value opportunities with a very favourable ratio of output to cost.
Whether you have specific requirements, or if you're still in the early exploratory stages, we would be pleased to discuss options with you.