Dr Stephen Lowry
Senior Lecturer in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- PH709: Space Astronomy and Solar System Science - Topics include: Solar System Evolution, Exploration of the Solar System by Spacecraft, Space Astronomy, Astrobiology. This is a Year-4 lecture-based course, shared with Prof. M. Smith. Dr Lowry is Module Convenor.
- PH711: Rocketry and Human Spaceflight - Topics include: Space Systems Design and Flight Operations. This is a lecture-based course, shared with Dr. Mark Price. Dr Lowry is Module Convenor.
- PH508: Spacecraft Design and Operations - Topics include: Spacecraft Systems Design and Orbit Dynamics, Project Management. This is a Stage-2 lecture-based course. Dr Lowry is Module Convenor.
- PH512: Multimedia is Astronomy, Astrophysics and Planetary Sciences - This is a Year-2 laboratory-based module offered in the Spring term. Topics include: Virtual Observatories, Online Data Repositories, Astronomy Image-Analysis Techniques. Dr Lowry is Module Convenor.
- PH700: Physics Research Project - Dr. Lowry offers multiple projects for this Stage-4 advanced research project module. Projects include analysis and modeling of observational data of Near-Earth Asteroids and other small solar systems bodies.
- PH600: Physics Project - Dr. Lowry supervises multiple research projects for this Year-3 project module. Projects are astronomy based.
- PH301: Physics Multiple workshops held in Spring term in support of this lecture based module.
- PH307: Disasters - Dr Lowry coordinates that part of the course related to 'Asteroid Impacts'.
- Numerous MSc and PhD projects are also offered.