The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Library User Panel (LUP)
Terms of reference and membership
Terms of reference
- To inform the Information Services Committee on needs of Library Users as they relate to policy matters.
- To inform the Director of Information Services on user needs as they relate to the management of information resources and provision of Library services.
- To advise on improvements to all aspects of Library collections and services.
- To receive and consider reports from the Library.
- To report to the Information Services Committee.
- Chair: Nominated ISC representative
- Shadow chair: Nominated student representative
- Assistant Director: Library Collections - Trudy Turner
- Assistant Director: Customer Support - Sam Thornton
- Head of Academic Liaison - Dave Puplett
- Head of Collections Management (or Head of Special Collections) - Robin Armstrong-Viner
- Front Line Services Manager - Sarah Root
- Research rep from each Academic Faculty
- Teaching rep from each Academic Faculty
- Representative from the Student Union
- Three students representatives (1PG, 1UG f/t, 1 UG p/t)
- One representative from each of the following special interest groups:
- Disability and Dyslexia Support Service
- Research and Enterprise
- Role description for School Library Representatives and Faculty Library Representatives (pdf)