The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Annual Review 2010
Professor Dame Julia M Goodfellow,
This has been a year of great change. We now have a coalition Government, and are beginning to see cuts in public sector funding.We have also had the outcome of Lord Browne’s long-awaited review of England’s higher education system, which recommends sweeping changes to the university funding system.
Despite such a turbulent environment, the University is in a strong position to respond in a positive way. Our finances are in excellent shape, and we had considerable success in the Government’s recent Research Assessment Exercise. In addition, we continue to attract significant research funding as well as record numbers of applications from prospective students...
To read more view the Annual Review below or download (pdf).
Financial Statements for 2010 are available to download (pdf)
The 2010 review includes
- Winter 2010
- Staff profile – Sarah Spurgeon
- Spring 2010
- Staff profile – John Fitzpatrick
- Summer 2010
- Student profile – Ugandan children's programme
- Autumn 2010
- graduate School
- Hong Kong and China Portal
- New music building
- Institutional Plan for 2009-12
- Open Lectures
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Summary of financial performance
- Awards, appointments, promotions and deaths
- Principal officers