Productivity tools and assistive technology
A selection of free tools, apps and software that can save you time, make it easier to access study material and increase your productivity. They are offered as good examples of types of software you might find helpful. If we have missed any please let us know so we can add them.
About these tools and apps
- To find software on University PCs: click the Start button (bottom left) and browse ‘All apps’, or search in Cortana.
- If you are on a staff machine: click the Start button (bottom left) and search for 'Software Center' to select software to install.
- If you install any software on your own machine, read each screen to make sure you don't get unwanted extras like browser toolbars.
Found a great app? Let us know so we can add it.
Help using software
- Links to guidance for each tool can be found in every list.
- Assistive technology videos from Wyvern Learning Portal.
- Student Support and Wellbeing can also help.
Accessibility advice at Kent