Productivity tools and assistive technology
The software below are examples of tools and apps that could save you time, make it easier to access study material and improve your productivity.
In development: digital productivity beta
You can find these tools plus a few extras on our digital productivity beta site.
- ‘Beta’ means improvements are coming so please give feedback.
- The new site isn't fully tab or screen reader friendly and therefore won't replace this site until it is fully accessible.
About these tools and apps
- To find software on University PCs: click the Start button (bottom left) and browse ‘All apps’, or search in Cortana.
- If you are on a staff machine: click the Start button (bottom left) and search for 'Software Center' to select software to install.
- If you install any software on your own machine, read each screen to make sure you don't get unwanted extras like browser toolbars.
Found a great app? Let us know so we can add it.
Help using software
- Links to guidance for each tool can be found in every list.
- Assistive technology videos from Wyvern Learning Portal.
- Student Support and Wellbeing can also help.
Accessibility advice at Kent