LW588 or LW614.
Not available to non-law students.
This module appears in:
One hour lecture and one hour seminar weekly.
Method of assessment
100% coursework consisting of two pieces of written work.
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the relevant statutory provisions relevant to homelessness.
2. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the policy frameworks underpinning state provision for the homeless including an historical and comparative understanding.
3. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how devolution has impacted upon legal responses to homelessness throughout the UK.
4. Demonstrate a critical understanding of responses to street homelessness and how those responses inform contemporary understandings of the state.
5. Critically assess claims about the progressive potential of homelessness law and policy and its relationship to broader social policies such as addressing social exclusion.