Students are taken through essential aspects of the conduct of business in France (and French-speaking countries), both learning about those aspects and becoming familiar with specific features of the French language encountered in a professional context. In terms of key skills, business skills and language skills, encourages the practice of meticulous accuracy.
As an option, students may register for the Diplôme de français professionnel Affaires B1 (DFP B1) of the Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Paris Ile-de-France (CCIP). The syllabus of FR590 closely follows some of the pedagogical requirements of the business French programme of the CCIP.
Total Contact Hours: 20
Method of assessment
Sur Table In-Course Test (45 minutes) – 20%
Written Assignment 1 (350 words) – 30%
Written Assignment 2 (300 words) – 30%
Group presentation (15 minutes) – 20%
Indicative Reading List:
Dubois A. & Tauzin B., (2016). Objectif Express 2 : Le monde professionnel en français, Nouvelle édition (B1/B2.1) (Livre de l'élève), Hachette
The Collins/Robert French-English, English-French Dictionary
Oxford/Hachette French-English, English-French Dictionary
See the library reading list for this module (Canterbury)
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
- Function, in French, on a social and general professional level within a general business context;
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally in predictable situations in a professional context (Common European Framework of Reference indicative level: B1/B2);
- Understand and accurately use vocabulary and forms of expression of the contemporary general French business context.
Back to top
Credit level 5. Intermediate level module usually taken in Stage 2 of an undergraduate degree.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.