The module is an opportunity to embark on extended written analysis of a chosen area of study, related to, but not part of, another stage two French non-language module. It culminates in the presentation of an essay, normally in English, of 6,000 words.
Total Contact Hours: 6
Method of assessment
Extended Essay (6,000 words) – 100%
This will vary according to the topic chosen
See the library reading list for this module (Canterbury)
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
- Undertake extensive pieces of analytical and critical writing about French culture and literature;
- Carry out detailed analysis of a French author, cultural theme or works;
- Engage in close reading and critical evaluation of films, literary works or historical texts in French;
- Engage in independent research about French culture and literature;
Back to top
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.