EL831 - Digital Visual Art Set-up
difference keys, luma keys, chroma keys, garbage mattes.
2D and 3D Tracking:
techniques to track elements from a live action background plate
blending modes, motion attributes, rotoscoping, using alpha channels.
Contact 32 hours
Total student workload will be 150 hours
Method of assessment
Assessment is by means of two portfolio submissions:
Portfolio 1(20%) is a collection of completed workshop exercises of composited shots.
Portfolio 2 (80%) is an original composite containing examples of all processes taught.
1. Add and subtract seamlessly photographic elements from digital video clips using paint tools alone;
2. Composite a moving digital video element from one or more clips seamlessly into another;
3. Change seamlessly lightings, camera moves and framings, colour balances and film textures on existing digital video clips;
4. Build and match camera movements of 3D environments from and to the 2D evidence in digital video clips;
5. Animate and light a 3D computer graphics object for seamless compositing into a live action digital video clip.