EENG5690 (EL569) - DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING
OverviewThis module continues the study of classical control and signal processing and further takes the classical control and signal processing developed in module EL569 into the digital domain. Tools are developed for analysis in the digital environment and there is a strong emphasis on design and evaluation.
Total contact hours: 52
Private study hours: 98
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
1. Understand Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion and the Sampling Theorem
2. Understand the Discrete Fourier Transform, the Fast Fourier Transform and the z-Transform
3. Design and implement digital FIR and IIR Filters
4. Understand some real-world applications of Digital Signal Processing
5. Apply classical feedback control methods
6. Understand controller emulation methods
7. Design and implement digital feedback control systems
8. Understand the application of control theory in real life engineering systems.