OverviewThe final year project is a substantial piece of work based on students' own personal interests. This may be developing an interactive visual experience, creating a 3D animation, producing a motion graphic, or developing a mobile or web application. The project is a largely independent piece of work, with guidance from an academic supervisor
29 Contact hours
571 Private study hours
Total hours 600
Method of assessment
Early Prototype Presentation - 5%, 20 min
Advanced Protoype Presentation - 15%, 20 min
Project - 80% (Documentation - 20% (7000-14000 Word count), Application - 60%)
1. Integrate their technical and design observations in a major development project.
2. Demonstrate proficient use of industry standard tools and techniques.
3. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the production process in their chosen area of study.
4. Produce professional quality document and digital media artefact.
5. Develop and improve idea generation techniques commensurate with the development of a substantial creative brief.