EL305 Introduction to Electronics
OverviewThe module provides a first attempt to translate a problem into a technical solution. An understanding of the relevant software and electronic hardware options to create a functional solution centred around a microcontroller will be developed. Design skills will be applied to define and fabricate the physical solution informed by the original requirement. An understanding of the fundamentals of Electronic Engineering is assumed and the module proceeds via lectures supported by supervision and technical advice. It is designed to give practical experience of the concepts introduced in the lectures of the prerequisite module.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 50
Private study hours: 100
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
• 10 supervisions each 3 hours effort at 2.4% (24%):
• Four assignments each 6 hours effort at 10% (40%);
• Three professional practice assignments each 2 hours effort at 2% (6%);
• One logbook assessment (10%)
• Project demonstration (20%)
1. plan the progress of a small project;
2. abstract a design challenge to a technical solution;
3. realize a system through the integration of component parts;
4. apply fundamental construction techniques relating to a small electronics project.