The module provides a first attempt to translate a problem into a technical solution. An understanding of the relevant software and electronic hardware options to create a functional solution centred around a microcontroller will be developed. Design skills will be applied to define and fabricate the physical solution informed by the original requirement. An understanding of the fundamentals of Electronic Engineering is assumed and the module proceeds via lectures supported by supervision and technical advice. It is designed to give practical experience of the concepts introduced in the lectures of the prerequisite module.
This module appears in the following module collections.
Total contact hours: 50
Private study hours: 100
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
• 10 supervisions each 3 hours effort at 2.4% (24%):
• Four assignments each 6 hours effort at 10% (40%);
• Three professional practice assignments each 2 hours effort at 2% (6%);
• One logbook assessment (10%)
• Project demonstration (20%)
• HOWE, Shay, 2014, Learn to code HTML & CSS: develop & style websites. New Riders.
• DUCKETT, Jon, 2011, HTML & CSS: design and build websites. Wiley.
• GILLENWATER, Zoe Mickley,2011, Stunning CSS3: a project-based guide to the latest in CSS. New Riders.
See the library reading list for this module (Canterbury)
1. plan the progress of a small project;
2. abstract a design challenge to a technical solution;
3. realize a system through the integration of component parts;
4. apply fundamental construction techniques relating to a small electronics project.
Back to top
Credit level 4. Certificate level module usually taken in the first stage of an undergraduate degree.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.