Students spend a year (usually a minimum of 44 weeks) working in an industrial, commercial, public sector or similar setting, applying and enhancing the skills and techniques they have developed and studied in the earlier stages of their degree course. The work they do is entirely under the direction of their industrial supervisor, but support is provided by the CEMS Employability and Placements Team . This support includes ensuring that the work they are being expected to do is such that they can meet the learning outcomes of the module.
Participation in the placement year, and hence in this module, is dependent on students obtaining an appropriate placement, for which support and guidance is provided through the CEMS Employability and Placements Team. It is also dependent on students progressing satisfactorily from Stage 2 of their studies.
Students who do not obtain a placement will be required to transfer to the appropriate course without a Year in Industry.
Total contact hours: 0
Private study hours: 900
Total study hours: 900
Method of assessment
Each of the following components is assessed on a pass / fail basis:
Logbook or Journal or Blog
Employer Evaluation - Two forms (interim and final) completed by industrial supervisor
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate that they can perform effectively in a work-based environment.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of a company and its business.
3. Demonstrate that they have acquired business knowledge and skills
4. Reflect on on-going personal and professional development
Back to top
Credit level 5. Intermediate level module usually taken in Stage 2 of an undergraduate degree.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.