The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Undergraduate Year Abroad Programmes
Our Year Abroad Programmes give you the chance to obtain a BA and spend a year at one of our partner universities. This course gives you valuable added depth and a European dimension to your degree, it will increase your job opportunities, as well as offering an unforgettable experience in another country. Students undertaking one of our Year Abroad programmes will spend the first three years at Kent and the final forth at one of our European partner universities.
We are currently offering three sociology degree programmes with a year abroad. The partnerships with European institutions are covered by the EU Erasmus scheme, administered within the University by the European Office. As an Erasmus exchange, students in these programmes are entitled to a student mobility Erasmus grant. Please follow the links below to find out more about each programme.
- Sociology with a year in Finland (Tampere) (Taught in English)
- Sociology with a year in Italy (Universita di Bologna)
- Sociology with a year in Spain (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona)
- Sociology with a Year Abroad in the Netherlands (VU (Free University) Amsterdam)
- Sociology with a Year Abroad in Hong Kong (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
More information on international exchanges can be found on Kent's International Office pages.