The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
In the News
- 'As the market in philanthropy advice expands, we ask what skills are needed to help people give away their money.'
- Beth Breeze explains why there are many reasons to be cheerful about philanthropy in 2010 here (PDF)
- 'A new report on 'How Donors Choose Charities', researched and written by Beth Breeze, is launched at a major conference in London on the 18th June. Download the the report here (PDF)
- The Centre for Philanthropy, Humanitarianism & Social Justice (CPHSJ) has been awarded a further grant of £53,000 by the ESRC to conduct a study of social justice philanthropy, with a focus on the implications for policy and practice. The research will be lead by Dr Balihar Sanghera and Dr Kate Bradley.
- Beth Breeze launched a new report on philanthropy in family businesses in Newcastle on 5th June. Read it here (PDF)
- Read coverage of the 2009 Million Pound Donors Report in the Financial Times and in the Times
- Read the new 2009 Million Pound Donors Report (PDF), hot off the press launched 9th November 2009
- Beth Breeze's the powerpoint presentation at Save the Children entitled "Million pound donors and the recessionary impact on philanthropy" (PDF)
- Beth Breeze comments on UK Giving in the article 'Donors aren’t dopes: the impact of the recession on charitable giving'
- Beth Breeze was interviewed by UK Fundraising about the Centre's work:
- Read here (PDF) our comment on what the Budget means for Philanthropy
- Read our comments published in Third Sector magazine (PDF) on how research supports sponsored fundraising events
- Read here (PDF) our take on the critique of philanthrocapitalism, in a review of Michael Edwards' book, Just Another Emperor
- CPHSJ launched : The Centre for Philanthropy, Humanitarianism and Social Justice is opened.