The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The School has a dedicated laboratory building which includes individual labs as well as specialised labs for different types of research. These include (select the links below for examples of recent research):
- Observation Suite and Fully-equipped Video Studios
- Networked Small Groups/Interpersonal Interaction Laboratory and Hub room
- Two Electrophysiology
- Five Eye Tracking Laboratories
- Two Physiological Measurement Laboratories (Biopac)
- Galvanic Vestibular Stimulation Laboratory (GVS, Magstim)
- Virtual Reality Laboratory
- Social Cognition Laboratory
- Visual Cognition Laboratories (including face recognition suite)
Our library holdings include one of the country’s largest collections of books on social psychology, almost all psychology journals are available on line. We also have a large collection of frequently used books and journals in the School’s visiting scholars' room and MSc resource room.
The University Research Office gives regular updates and talks in the School, and one of their Research Officers works in the School to meet and give advice on research issues.
We have a large on-line School Research Participation Scheme (RPS) to recruit undergraduate students who participate as part of their course requirement.
We also have a University-wide Research Participation Scheme (uwRPS), which draws on participants from the whole university. Finally, the department has set up a Child Development unit database and links with East Kent Hospitals Trust, for access to special population groups. All staff and research postgraduates are able to use this valuable research resource.
All research is scrutinised by the School’s Research Ethics Committee, which ensures compliance with BPS, APA and ESRC requirements as a minimum standard.