The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The University of Kent is trialing a new-look for Maps and directions, we would love to hear what you think!
Directions for travel
The University of Kent at Brussels is located on the third floor of 5 Boulevard de la Plaine, 1050 Bruxelles in the district of Ixelles and is across from the joint campus of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). Whilst small lectures and all seminars are held on the premises, larger lectures take place on the VUB campus, as well as at the ULB Institut d'etudes Européennes, which is a short and pleasant walk away through a small 'quartier' of student bars and restaurants.
When visiting the school please ring the bell marked Kent to the right of the door near the elevators. Although helpful, the staff on the reception desk do not work for the University nor do they provide a service to the other tenants of the building.
The Campus is situated at the Generaal Jacqueslaan/Avenue Général Jacques. Through Route E411 (Namur, Overijse) you can get to Boulevard du Triomphe. Boulevard du Triomphe runs parallel to Boulevard de la Plaine on the other side of the Campus.
You can get to Route E40 (Liege/Luik, Leuven/Louvain, Brussel/Bruxelles, Gent/Gand, Oostende/Ostende) and Route E19 (Mechelen/Malines, Antwerpen/Anvers) through the Ring round Brussels, direction Montgomery.
By bus, tram, and Metro
From Brussels Central Station:
- Metro 5, direction Hermann-Debroux, get off at Pétillon
- Exit right from station (follow signs for Blvd Louis Schmidt) and take tram 7 (direction Vanderkindere) or 25 (direction Boondael Gare) and get off at Etterbeek
From Brussels North Station:
- Tram 25, direction Boondael Gare, get off Etterbeek
From Brussels South Station:
- Regular trains run to Etterbeek Train Station. See timetables and information
From the centre of Brussels:
- Take bus 95 (direction Wiener) and get off at Etterbeek. See timetables and information
The Etterbeek train station is located within two minutes and provides regular connections with all the main stations in Brussels including Brussels North, South, Central and Schuman.