The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
About the Graduate School
The mission of the Graduate School is to “lead and champion the strategic development of provision for graduate education and research at the University of Kent”.
The Graduate School works in partnership with academic schools, faculties, central service departments and Kent Union to enhance the quality of the postgraduate student experience across all campuses and create a vibrant postgraduate community at Kent. We aim to ensure that the academic and social interests of postgraduate students, both taught and research, are appropriately provided for within the University by developing:
- High-quality postgraduate facilities
- A supportive environment for the intellectual interests of our postgraduates
- Student-led initiatives such as social events, conferences and workshops
- An excellent Researcher Development Programme
- A strong framework of specialist support for our postgraduates across the University
- Internationally distinctive, exciting and innovative programmes of study that combine academic excellence with an exceptional student experience and appropriate learning resources
- Further funding and study opportunities through cultivation of external links with Research Councils, graduate schools and other organisations both nationally and internationally
The Graduate School coordinates the Researcher Development Programme for postgraduate students and the unique Global Skills Award for postgraduate taught students. It services the Graduate School Board, PG Administration Group and Directors of Graduate Studies’ Network Group. The work of the Graduate School aims to provide a clear institutional focus on the development and support of graduate education and research at Kent.
The Dean of The Graduate School works closely with Claire Powell, President of the Kent Graduate Student Assocation, to ensure a cohesive approach to the provision of support and activities for postgraduates.