University of Kent Moodle notice and takedown request
The University of Kent will, upon notification, consider removing any material from University of Kent Moodle on receipt of a complaint.
To submit a complaint, please complete the form below
Grounds for complaint
Complaints include contact from the owner or representative of the owner with intellectual property rights in all or part of the resource; the creator of all or part of the resource who has moral rights or any individual or organisation who believes that any of the material held in the University of Kent Moodle repository is in some way illegal.
Complaints will include notice of:
- unauthorised use by reason of reproduction and/or making available the protected material
- breach of the moral right (e.g. paternity/integrity/right not to have work subjected to derogatory treatment)
- issues on grounds other than copyright and/or related rights (e.g. defamation, breach of confidence, data protection)
On receipt of complaint
On receipt of the complaint, Information Services will make an initial assessment of the validity of the complaint and will acknowledge its receipt.
Where the complaint is valid and to be pursued, the content that is subject to complaint will be temporarily removed from University of Kent Moodle pending an agreed solution.
Information Services will then contact the contributor of the material and inform them that the item is subject to complaint, under what allegations and they will be encouraged to assuage the complainants concerns. Information Services will spend a reasonable amount of time attempting to resolve the problem by mediating between the complainant and the contributor. All attempts will be made to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably to the satisfaction of both the complainant and the contributor.
If a resolution is found through mediating between the parties, this will be enacted/initiated. This will involve one of the following outcomes:
- the resource need not be changed (the resource is replaced in University of Kent Moodle)
- the resource is replaced in University of Kent Moodle with changes or made restricted access
- the resource must be permanently removed from University of Kent Moodle
Fields marked * are required for submission