It is your responsibility to read and comply with all IT regulations, including:
- IT regulations (pdf): Regulations for the Use of Information Technology (IT) Facilities at the University of Kent
- Use of your own computer/mobile device (pdf): Regulations for the Use of Computers & Mobile Devices Not Owned and/or managed by the University and Connected to the Network
- Use of a University mobile device (pdf): Regulations for use of Mobile Devices owned by the University and connected to the University of Kent network.
- Kent network (pdf): Regulations for the Provision of Network Services on the Network
- JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- CHEST User Acknowledgement of Third Party Rights
Policies and procedures that must be followed
- Peer-to-peer software usage on a PC connected to the Kent network
- IT security policy (pdf)
- Code of conduct
- Security procedures for system administrators (pdf)
Failure to comply involves the instigation of computer misuse/abuse procedures (pdf)
Staff and student activities on the network are logged, and these logs may be used in some circumstances as described on the Monitoring page.
Feedback and complaints procedure
Information Services uses a range of methods to gather user feedback in order to provide responsive and effective services and support. Use the IS Feedback form to tell us what you think of our services - a print version (pdf) is available from IT and Library service desks.
Complaints about any service managed by Information Services (including IT and Library) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. An open letter detailing the complaints process (pdf) is available at IT and library service desks.