- help you find the information you need for your study: from books, journals, databases or other sources.
- help you use the Library catalogue (LibrarySearch) and other information systems
- help you use Library equipment
- provide space for you to work on your own or in groups
- treat you with courtesy and respect.
We expect you to
- respect the Library building, materials and the people in it.
- carry your KentOne card (student ID card) at all times and show it to Library staff when asked. Do not lend it to anyone else.
- observe the food and drink rules.
- use silent study spaces for individual study only.
- be aware that the improper removal or attempted removal of all or any part of an item or the mutilation or defacement of Library materials could result in disciplinary action and the suspension of borrowing rights, or render the user liable to prosecution in the Courts.
- look after your own personal property. Unattended items may be removed by Library staff.
- keep your devices silent; don't let your headphones disturb others.
- don't reserve seats or PCs for others.
- take regular breaks: don't sleep in the Library.
Know the Library Regulations: as a Library user, you are bound by them.