The Collection Development strategy covers the main University of Kent library collections. For physical collections it covers those based at the Canterbury campus.
It sets out plans for the development of the collections and outlines the strategic principles we will follow, in partnership with the academic Schools, to develop a shared vision for the future.
- Collection Development strategy, Canterbury campus (pdf)
- Books Collection Development Policy (pdf)
- British Official Publications Policy (pdf)
- Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) Scanning Service Policy (pdf)
- Journals policy (pdf)
- Kent Academic Repository (KAR) Policy (pdf)
- Multimedia Policy (pdf)
- Reference and Bibliographic Materials Policy (pdf)
- University of Kent Archive Policy (pdf)
- European Study Centres Collection Development Policy (pdf)
This outlines how we manage digitised and born-digital collections on behalf of the University.
This sets the strategic approach for how Special Collections material is acquired and managed at the University.
- Special Collections & Archives Collections Management Policy (pdf)
- Collection Development strategy - British Stand-Up Comedy Archive (pdf)