Changes to cleaning operations
A decision has been taken by the University to merge the Estates and Kent Hospitality Cleaning Teams under one management structure within Kent Hospitality. This change will occur on Saturday 1st August 2020.
Therefore as from 1st August 2020, all enquires relating to cleaning services at the Canterbury Campus should be directed to Kent Hospitality at email@example.com.
Open 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (except Bank Holidays)
Tel: Internal extension 16666
Create an online maintenance work request (intranet users only).
Estates Hourly Rates
Customer Services Policy
Service Level Statement
Read the Customer Services SLS
The Customer Services Centre acts as the key contact point for all enquiries regarding services provided by the Estates Department and is managed by Sarah Cooke, Head of Customer Services & Engagement who is supported by a team of Customer Services Advisers.
The Centre were awarded the Customer Service Excellence standard in July 2019, which focuses on delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude. For more information on this standard click here.
The Customer Services Advisers take complete ownership of all enquiries to the Centre, ensuring customers are kept fully informed of the progress of their enquiry. There is also a robust Complaints Procedure for customers to use when they are not totally happy with the service they have received.
There are key staff in Schools and Departments who are authorised intranet users and are able to report maintenance defects online through the Customer Services Web Central system. Staff wishing to use this function should contact the Customer Services team who will organise this and provide user guidance. Students should log all maintenance defects with their accommodation via the Kent Hospitality online system, details of this are provided in their accommodation areas or can be obtained from the Receptions. Students should not report these directly to the Customer Services Centre.
A member of staff can also request minor improvements of a rechargeable nature to be carried out by contacting the Customer Services Centre by telephone, email, intranet access or via the Rechargeable Works online system, accessible via the Estates webpage. If required, an estimate can be provided for this type of work. Once acceptance of the account code to be charged has been received by the Customer Services team, a work docket will be issued for the work to commence.
The Customer Services Centre is open Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays and University closure days) and is located in the Estates Department. Outside normal office hours voicemail will take and record all requests. In the case of maintenance emergencies out of hours, the person reporting the issue should contact Campus Security on 01227 823300 (extension 3300 if dialling internally) and an on-call engineer will be contacted.
Our commitment to our customers
- Greet our customers in a courteous and professional manner, and maintain this manner at each point contact is made with the customer.
- Listen effectively to our customers' requests and promptly take the necessary actions to assist them.
- Keep our customers informed of unexpected delays in service which may affect their request.
- Inform our customers of normal process times, in accordance with our Service Level Statements.
- Provide regular updates on where we are in the process, in the unlikely event a customer's request is unable to be processed within the allocated timeframe.
- Respond to email enquiries within 2 working days, and we will ensure the customer is informed on what actions are being taken.
- Give a positive experience to all our customers.
- Ensure our customers understand our complaints procedure and keep this procedure under review.
We expect that our customers will:
- Be respectful and polite to our staff.
- Be considerate of other customers' needs and requests.
- Use our online services if they can and be willing to try new ways of contacting us.
- Keep us informed of personal changes which might affect the services we provide to them.
- Provide us with feedback about their experiences to help us to learn and improve.
|Estates Customer Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||(01227 8)16666|
|Estates Customer Services Advisers|
|Colleges, Tyler Court, Becket Court, Darwin Houses||Housekeeper|
|Park Wood Houses, Hothe Court||Park Wood Reception|
|Woodlands, Beverley Farm, Turing College||Keynes Housekeeper|
|General Buildings||Departmental Administrator|
|External grounds||Estates Customer Services (16666)|
Web reporting (defects & chargeable maintenance work)
Intranet web access is available to selected staff around the University, all of whom have a responsibility for the maintenance of their building and/or department. This list of users increases as and when it is proven an individual or department will benefit from being given access. Customer Services operators process the maintenance defects either from the web or by inputting the information received by telephone and passing them to the relevant trade supervisors for action.
Maintenance is prioritised according to the severity of the defect in question. Please check the Maintenance Service Levels list for details.