The Development Office is responsible for alumni relations, fundraising, corporate events and the University's degree congregations. The Office also manages the University-wide 50th Anniversary Programme. We seek to drive and sustain institutional advancement by:
- Raising funds for fundraising campaigns including the Kent Law Campaign and the Kent Opportunity Fund
- Stewarding our large and growing community of donors in the UK and overseas
- Developing and enhancing the University’s engagement with its worldwide community of alumni and friends
- Executing the annual degree congregations in Canterbury and Rochester cathedrals
- Managing a wide-ranging programme of corporate events for the University.
Developing our University
Philanthropic gifts from the University’s alumni and friends to Kent donations are providing world-class facilities, funding scholarships for talented students, supporting research excellence, alleviating student hardship and making a difference to almost every aspect of student life.
Gifts from alumni and friends have made a world of difference to the lives of our students since the foundation of the University in 1965. The University recognises that we are the custodians of talent, whether it is academic, sporting, or musical, and believes that each student deserves the opportunity to excel.
The University of Kent is an exempt charity pursuant to Schedule 2 of the Charities Act.