Walking Escort Service
- A security escort can be provided by Campus Watch for people
travelling on campus. The service is available at any time and will usually
consist of being accompanied on foot by a Security Officer.
- It is acknowledged that most requests will be during the hours of
darkness for single females but groups of two or more will be considered if
they consider themselves vulnerable.
- An escort can be requested by contacting internal extension 3300
(direct dial +44 (0)1227 823300), through a College Receptionist or by calling in at
- There may be occasions when Security cannot respond immediately, either
because of competing priorities such as emergencies or serious incidents
on campus or lack of resources. When this occurs an estimated time will
be given and you should either remain where you are
in a safe environment or arrange to make the journey accompanied by
- A person feeling particularly vulnerable should not attempt
to make the journey alone just because of an unacceptable waiting time.
Any complaints about the service should be directed for investigation
in the first instance to Leigh Stevenson,
Security Manager, either by letter, email or telephone (+44 (0)1227 823829).