HEKSS/NIHR ICAP Internships 2018/19
Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEKSS)/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme - Internships 2018-19
CHSS (Centre for Health Services Studies), University of Kent will continue as a provider for the Health Education Kent Surrey Sussex (HEEKSS)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (ICAP) 2018-19.
Funding has been awarded to the Centre to enable up to eleven successful interns to receive a bespoke learning and development programme. HEKSS will award funding to support backfill cost, tuition fees and reasonable expenses. Available to a Non-Medical Applied Health Professionals, the ICAP is intended to prepare applicants to apply for a NIHR Pre-doctoral Clinical Academic Fellowship, and in the long-term apply for Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship, Clinical Lectureship or Senior Clinical Lectureship
The internship scheme will:
- Develop research and research capabilities throughout all levels of the NHS in order to enhance and diffuse evidence based practice
- Provide the opportunity to develop a network of clinical academics so that learning, best practice and innovation can be shared and disseminated
- Support the development of clinical skills as well as research skills
- Encourage research into areas related to HEE’s Mandate or to education and training as a whole
- Offer an insight into a career in clinical academia and provide experience which would support applications for further formal research training.
“We are so delighted to have been awarded this valuable funding for a second year! It means CHSS can continue to provide research training and development opportunities to a range of local health practitioners. The programme will help the University to develop research capability and capacity across the south east region”.
CHSS Research Fellow Dr Ferhana Hashem (ICAP Internship Programme Leader)
We are still accepting applications. Please email the ICAP Internship Programme leader below to discuss submitting your application.
Please apply online and upload all supporting documentation to the University of Kent's application portal:
University of Kent Application form 2018/19
University of Kent – FAQ for applicants 2018-19 ICAP (pdf)
To discuss the programme and to request the University of Kent Application Form 2018-19 please email: F.Hashem@kent.ac.uk
Link to Health Education England website on Integrated Clinical Academic Programme
Link on Health Education England website on ICAP Internships