Study with CHSS
Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEKSS)/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme – Bridging Scheme 2018-19
CHSS (Centre for Health Services Studies), University of Kent is to become a new provider for the Health Education Kent Surrey Sussex (HEEKSS)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (ICAP) Bridging Scheme 2018-19.
Funding has been awarded to the Centre to enable up to nine successful pre and post doctoral awardees to receive a bespoke learning and research development programme. HEKSS will award funding to support backfill cost, academic supervision, and reasonable expenses. Available to a Non-Medical Applied Health Professionals, the ICAP Bridging schemes are a way of providing support to clinical academics to build on their previous academic training and develop proposals for a pre or post-doctoral award, and take the next step on their clinical academic pathway.
Aims of the Bridging Scheme are:
- Enable awardees to develop skills in higher-level reflection in relation to research based upon their discipline.
- Provide academic supervision and facilitate clinical mentorship to awardees to undertake research that builds upon a culture of critical evaluation and enquiry in relation to their health services setting.
- Develop opportunity for self-directed research and reflection.
- Immerse pre-doctoral awardees into a research environment and enable them to develop an independent piece of research in preparation for a PhD application
- Consolidate post-doctoral awardees academic training and development whilst supporting them in balancing their clinical service, and assisting them with developing an application for the Clinical Lectureship or Senior Clinical Lectureship
“We are so delighted to have awarded this valuable funding! It means CHSS can now provide research training and development opportunities to a range of local health practitioners. The programme will help the University to develop research capability and capacity across the south east region”.
CHSS Research Fellow Dr Ferhana Hashem (ICAP Internship and Bridging Scheme Programme Leader)
Closing date for applications:
Apply online and upload all supporting documentation to University of Kent by 5pm, Tuesday 4th September 2018
University of Kent Application Form 2018-19 (pre-doctoral)
University of Kent FAQs ICAP Bridging Programme (pre-doctoral)
University of Kent Application Form 2018-19 (post-doctoral)
University of Kent FAQs ICAP Bridging Programme (post-doctoral)
To discuss the programme please email: F.Hashem@kent.ac.uk
Link to Health Education England website on ICAP programme pathway: https://hee.nhs.uk/our-work/clinical-academic-careers/integrated-clinical-academic-ica-programme
Link on Health Education England website on ICAP Bridging programme: https://hee.nhs.uk/our-work/clinical-academic-careers/ica-bridging-scheme