Researching the law
A series of guides to get you started with legal research in the following areas:
- The Law Library - a general introduction to finding your way around the law library and who to ask for help.
- Finding legal articles - specific guidance to help you find articles in academic journals either using the citation or searching by keywords.
- Finding case law - advice about decoding case citations and searching quickly in key sources for law reports.
- Finding legislation - advice about the best sources to use for finding up to date legislation.
- Training - find out about scheduled legal research training sessions.
- Alerting services - learn how to use key services to help you stay up to date with your research.
- Citing the law - guidance on how to cite cases and legislation using OSCOLA, the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities, fourth edition.
- British Official publications - if you need help getting started with British official publications please try our Library guide: British official publications (pdf).