Individual e-book titles are best accessed via LibrarySearch; to filter your search, use the 'Collection' filter on the right and click e-book (you may have to click More options first).
The Library currently subscribes to the following e-book services which have material of interest to American Studies students:
- ACLS Humanities E-book: contains over 1,000 history titles from various publishers and adds 250 titles a year. Of these, approximately 300 are of interest to American historians. The titles date from the early 1900s onwards and many have links to extra material, particularly reviews.
- Cambridge Histories Online: over 300 cross-searchable authoritative volumes on a wide range of historical subject areas, including American history
- Oxford Handbooks Online: History: thorough introduction to history topics, delivered via specially commissioned essays with extensive referencing to further reading
- Oxford Handbooks Online: Literature: a thorough introduction to literature topics, delivered via specially commissioned essays with extensive referencing to further reading
- Oxford Scholarship Online: includes hundreds of politics books, all published by Oxford University Press, some of which cover American politics
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO): the full text of over 150,000 books published between 1701 and 1800. It includes the complete works of Benjamin Franklin and considerable material on the British view of the American Revolution.
- Academic Library: collections of texts in politics & international relations and culture & media, all published by Pluto Press.