How to book a place on the University of Kent Tonbridge Centre short courses:
- Online booking is preferred.
- By post to us at the address below, using the application form (PDF 30KB). Please note that you will not receive an acknowledgment of your paper application; your payment will usually be processed when the course becomes financially viable, otherwise we will notify you of cancellation approximately seven days prior to the course. A paper application affirms acceptance of our terms and conditions.
As these courses are usually very popular, you are advised to apply as soon as possible. Places cannot be held without payment of the course fee. An online course booking or paper application affirms acceptance of our terms and conditions.
As these short courses are self-financing, each course can only proceed if there are sufficient enrolments. Therefore, if a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrolments we aim to notify applicants approximately one week before the course start date; if there is no suitable alternative course, we will refund the appropriate course fee in full. The University of Kent reserves the right to cancel a course for this or any other reason in which case the relevant course fee will be refunded in full. We advise that you do not buy books or other course materials until that particular course is confirmed as taking place: please contact us if you are unsure.
If you find it necessary to cancel your place on a course, please let us know as soon as possible. Refund requests, including the reason, should be made by email or in writing to us at the address below. We reserve the right to retain all or part of the course fee if you request a refund after 14 days of your online booking being made or paper application being received. Discretionary, partial refunds may be made, after the deduction of an administrative handling fee as follows:
- a course fee of up to and including £42 will incur an administrative handling fee of £10.00
- a course fee of £43 and over will incur an administrative handling fee of £12.50.
The University reserves the right to:
- exclude any student if the student’s presence is making it difficult for the class to function properly
- cancel or amend the length of any course if the circumstances so warrant.
Neither the University of Kent, nor its staff, can be held responsible for any damage, loss or injury, however sustained, suffered by participants attending courses. Insurance is the student’s responsibility.
University Centre Tonbridge
- Parking. There is plenty of public pay and display car parking locally, but please note that only selected car parks permit parking in excess of four hours; detailed information is available from www.tmbc.gov.uk . No parking is available here on site.
- Refreshments are not provided; food and drink can be purchased from any of the nearby café outlets - we are closely situated to the High Street and town centre. A hot drink vending machine is usually available on the ground floor of our building.
Mailing list and data protection
Those attending our courses are automatically included in our postal mailings, to update you about new courses. This information is not released to outside organisations. Please write to us if you do not wish your details to be kept on our database.
Please contact us if you have any queries or would like to register your email address to receive our course information updates. We look forward to welcoming you here soon.